The church I attend has been doing a sermon series “Wonderful Name.” The first sermon of the series was about my favorite name “I Am.” There are many reasons I like “I Am” and these are in now particular ranking.
- Friend Andy’s story about the names of God during Children’s story at a service a long time ago.
- “I AM” song by Mark Shultz
- “I Am” sermon from Pastor Steve from series mentioned above.
- 216 Names of God by Isikabla Ministries
- El Emunah: The Faithful GOD: Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments. Deuteronomy 7:9
- The Lamb: In a loud voice they were saying: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!” Revelation 5:12
- Light Of The World: When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
- Servant: Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met together with the Gentiles and the people of Israel in this city to conspire against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed. Acts 4:27
I could go on but to finish this post, I’m reminded of Brother Lawrence’s The Practice of the Presence of God.
“How happy we would be if we could find the treasure of which the Gospel speaks; all else would be as nothing. As it is boundless, the more you search for it the greater the riches you will find; let us search unceasingly and let us not stop until we have found it.”
― Brother Lawrence,